Friday, January 15, 2010

Super Bowl Recipe Exchange: Cheese Ball


I'd always wanted a cheese ball recipe, but the ones I found always had ingredients that my husband and I don't really care for (we're incredibly picky), then I came across this one.  It's easy and it's fabulous!



Ingredients

2 pkg cream cheese, softened
1 jar dried beef, finely chopped
1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
1 cup mayonnaise
dash of garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce

Directions
  1. Cream mayonnaise and cream cheese together.  Add onions and 1 tablespoon of dried beef and remaining ingredients and mix well.
  2. Refrigerate at least one hour.
  3. Form into a ball.  Coat ball in remaining dried beef.
*Serve with crackers

I actually made two smaller balls out of this recipe when I made it, or you could make one larger recipe.  You can also put nuts on the outside, but I don't care for nuts so I chose not to do that.

From Tastes for All Seasons - Department of Human Services Mississippi Association of County & Regional Directors 2004 - pg 7

To participate, just add the permalink to your blog post below!  Also, don't forget if you're not already a follower of Katie's Southern Kitchen to become one by looking for the link in the right hand column.  This will help you stay up to date with all our future Recipe Exchanges/Linky Parties!

    0 comments: