Friday, January 15, 2010

Cheese Dip in a Bread Bowl

I inherited this recipe from a friend.  I admit so far I've only cooked it once, not because it's not good (it is VERY good), but because I have recipes for dips that are a little easier to fix.  Even then, this recipe is not terribly hard to fix as the hardest part is hollowing out the bread bowl.  However, if you are not in a huge rush, this is a FABULOUS recipe.

Ingredients

16 oz cream cheese
16 oz sour cream
3 cups sharp cheese, shredded and divided
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 small jar Armour chip beef
1 round bread loaf

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Hollow bread loaf.
  3. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, 2 cups cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and beef.
  4. Pour mixture into bread bowl and sprinkle top with remaining 1 cup cheese (may add more cheese to top if necessary).
  5. Bake at 350 for 35 to 45 min.
*Serve with corn chips

If I remember correctly, I had to add some more cheese to the top to make sure there was a good coating.  We LOVE cheese at our house!

From Anna's Kitchen

0 comments: