Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Yields: 20 Servings
1 pkg German chocolate cake mix
1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
3/4 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 pkg caramel candy
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, nuts, 1/3 cup evaporated milk and butter and mix well.
- Press half of mixture into bottom of a greased 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Melt caramel candy in top of double boiler* with 1/2 cup evaporated milk.
- When caramel mixture is well melted and mixed, gently pour over baked mixture.
- Cover with chocolate chips and take small amounts of reserved chocolate mixture and pat out thin in hands and lay over top of chips.
- Bake for 18 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool before slicing
From Lynn's Kitchen