Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Steak and Gravy

I love crock pot recipes because you can start them in the morning and have supper ready by the time you get home!  This recipe was a hit with both my husband and I.  (I actually forgot to start it before I left for work so I cooked it on high for 3 hours and it seemed to turn out just fine, however the meat would probably be a little more tender if I'd actually slow cooked it.)

Cook Time: 8 Hours
Yields:  4 Servings

Ingredients

2 - 2 1/2 lb steak
Flour
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Salt and pepper
1 pkg onion gravy mix
2 cups water


Directions
  1. Salt and pepper meat and dip in flour.
  2. Fry until brown.
  3. Place in crock pot.
  4. Add water, soup and gravy mix.
  5. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
*Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.

We used breakfast steaks so they were just right for a serving size.  Next time I make this I will cut the water used back to 1 cup.  The gravy was really thin, and we'd prefer for it to be a little thicker.  We served this with mashed potatoes and I couldn't get enough!

From Nenamoosha Social Tribe - A Red Hot Cookbook - pg 29

0 comments: