Thursday, December 31, 2009

Crawfish Etouffee

I love crawfish etouffee, so when I found this recipe, of course I had to try it.  I loved it and my husband who had never had crawifsh etouffee before gave his approval as well!  The only downside is that I have a hard time finding the Cream of Shrimp soup that it calls for.  (I normally shop at Kroger and they don't carry it.  I have to go to Brookshire's to get this.)

 
 
Cook Time:  45 Minutes
Yields:  6-8 Servings

Ingredients

1 lb crawfish tails
1 stick margarine
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 can cream of shrimp soup
1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes

Directions
  1. Saute onion and pepper in margarine.  Add soup and tomatoes; simmer for about 15 minutes until well blended.
  2. Add crawfish tails and simmer until tender; about 20 to 30 minutes.
*Serve over rice


From Tastes for All Seasons - Department of Human Services Mississippi Association of County and Regional Directors 2004 - pg 47

0 comments: