Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Introduction

What better way to start a blog than with an introduction. My name is Katie and I'm a wife in my mid-twenties who has recently found a passion for cooking. I live in Mississippi, which is how this blog got the name "Katie's Southern Kitchen." Not all the recipes featured on this blog will necessarily be of "southern" orientation however.

My mother always tried to get me to join in on her cooking fun and teach me everything she knew, but it took me another 15+ years before I became remotely interested in cooking. Now, I'm constantly on the search for new recipes to try. However, this can be a little tricky seeing as how my husband and I are both fairly picky eaters (neither of us really eat vegetables) and I also try to keep my meal preparations to 30 minutes or less.  This new found love of cooking has only developed in the last couple of years, so I am by no means a "Chef", but I do LOVE to cook!

I'm hoping you will help me make this blog the best it can be. I'd love to feature your recipes on here as well, so please e-mail any you would like to share to KatiesSouthernKitchen@gmail.com.  Since my husband and I don't really care for vegetables, I will definitely need you guys to help me out with the veggie recipes and the critiques of those recipes!  Also, please leave your thoughts, adjustments, etc to any recipe you try by leaving a comment on that post.  E-mail me any cooking questions you may have and I will do my best to find the answer, or I will post the question on the blog for someone more knowledgeable to answer, since as I already stated, I am by no means a culinary artist.  If you have any suggestions for things you'd like to see on this blog, please let me know, as we are just getting started and I want to make this site as enjoyable for everyone as possible!

I hope you find this site useful and will share it with your friends!  Don't forget to Follow Us and also be sure to grab our button!



0 comments: