Monday, May 3, 2010

Chicken Scampi

I knew I wanted to try this recipe as soon as I saw it.  It was absolutely DELICIOUS!  Everyone in the family loved it, including my 2 year old niece!

Cook Time:  25 Minutes
Yields:  4 Servings


Ingredients

1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried oregano
3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp lemon juice
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, sliced lengthwise into thirds

Directions
  1. In a skillet heat the butter and oil over medium high heat until the butter melts.  Add parsely, basil, oregano, garlic, and salt and mix together in the skillet.  Stir in lemon juice.
  2. Add chicken and saute for about three minutes or until white.  Lower the heat and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.  More butter can be added if needed.
This recipe suggested serving over noodles or rice, but we just had the chicken by itself and it was delicious.  Next time I will probably try it over some noodles as I'm sure that would be tasty as well.

From AllRecipes.com

0 comments: